Eat a rainbow! How many colors of fruit can you add to your fruit pizza? The different colors of fruits give you different nutrients. Nutrients are important in helping your body stay healthy and fueled up for activities throughout the day. Find as many colors as you can to add to your fruit pizza!
Find the printable version of this recipe HERE.
• Red fruits and veggies help keep your heart strong.
• Orange fruits and veggies help keep your eyes healthy.
• Yellow fruits and veggies help keep you from getting sick.
• Green fruits and veggies help make your bones and teeth strong.
• Blue and purple fruits and veggies help your memory.
- Use a pita, toasted English muffin, or bagel as additional “crust” ideas.
- Additional topping ideas include sliced almonds, coconut chips, granola, or mini chocolate chips.
- Try different fruit combinations to find what you like best!
Rainbow Fruit Pizza
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- Slice the strawberries and kiwi. In a large bowl, combine all the fruit.
- In a bowl, fold together the cream cheese, honey, and Greek yogurt using a spatula.
- Place a tortilla on workspace and spread the mixture evenly over the tortilla.
- Warm or toast tortilla to your preference.
- Top with the variety of fruits in any design that you like! Cut tortilla into sections with pizza cutter. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1/8th of a recipe
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 4 g
Total Fat: 4 g
*This recipe is from the Healthy Cooking in the Classroom Program at Family Wellness. Click HERE for more information on how to bring this program to your school or community.