Caregiver may be the greatest title any of us hold. The opportunity to serve as a role model and nurture your little one into a happy and confident kiddo is a true privilege. However, let’s be honest, it can be challenging. At the end of the day, you might feel as though you’ve expressed more nagging or negativity than inspiration and motivation. Don’t be too hard on yourself, you’re doing your best! We’re here to provide some quick phrases you can keep in your back pocket and sprinkle throughout your child’s day!
1. Don’t be afraid to be you.
2. You are important to me.
3. Being your mom/dad/caregiver is my favorite job.
4. I’m here for you, no matter what.
5. I feel so lucky to be your mom/dad/caregiver.
6. The world needs you.
7. I’m proud of you for doing ____.
8. Sometimes if I’m feeling sad, just thinking of you makes me feel better.
9. I believe in you.
10. I’m never too busy for you.
11. You don’t have to be perfect to be great.
12. I noticed you working hard on ____.
13. I love hearing your ideas.
14. Your friends are lucky to have you.
15. I love you!
How we think can play a significant role on how we feel. Positive thinking brings positive responses to your body and brain. Check out these quick tips for supportive communication:
- Say your child’s name.
- Do not stand and speak over your child.
- Get down on their level and make eye contact.
- Be sincere.
Looking for more? You might also like:
Top 10 Children's Books to Encourage and Inspire Social Skills
Coping with Childhood Stress
Encouraging Emotional Development in Kids