Do you ever have trouble coming up with a quick and healthy breakfast? Try these easy Three Ingredient Pancakes for a delicious way to start your morning! Breakfast can be tricky when it is early in the morning and you are rushed before school. However, it is important to start the day off with good fuel for your body and brain so you have enough energy for activities throughout the day!
Find the printable version of this recipe HERE.
- Add your favorite toppings: mini chocolate chips, honey, peanut butter, or fresh fruit would all be delicious.
- Look for breakfast foods with “whole-grain” or “100% whole wheat” in the nutrition label. Ingredients such as whole wheat, brown rice, buckwheat, or whole-grain cornmeal are rich in fiber.
Three Ingredient Pancakes
Ingredients: (8 servings)
- ½ banana
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites or 1 egg white
- 1/8 c. oatmeal
- Mash banana with fork.
- Add egg white and combine with fork.
- Add oatmeal and continue to mix ingredients with fork.
- Spray pan (if needed) and allow the pan to heat up.
- Pour mixture into pan and watch closely.
- Watch for browning edges to indicate pancake is ready to turn over.
- Turn over with spatula and cook until done.
Serving size: 4 silver dollar-sized pancakes
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Total Fat: 1 g
Protein: 6 g
*This recipe is from the Healthy Cooking in the Classroom Program at Family Wellness. Click HERE for more information on how to bring this program to your school or community.