You find beach balls everywhere in the summer, but what do you do with them? The possibilities are endless. Some of our favorite ideas can help make your day a “ball!”
Have fun with your family. If you’re looking for a way to engage your family physically and mentally, these are the ideas for you.
- Use markers to decorate the ball with words and pictures that describe your favorite things.
- Write different exercises on each section and toss the ball into the air. When you catch it, do the exercise that your left thumb is touching! Do 10 reps.
- Hot Potato! Challenge your family to see how many times you can hit the beach ball in the air before it touches the ground.
Play a giggly game. Who said playing with a beach ball needed to be a serious matter? Grab a friend and get silly!
- Hold the ball between your knees and try to do your favorite dance. Floss, anyone?
- Get 4 people together and play towel toss! Have two people hold the towel and toss the ball using only the towel.
- Write the names of animals on the ball, then toss it back and forth. The person who catches it does a funny action to imitate the animal that one of their hands is touching.
Try a sports spin-off. After all, it is a beach ball. Why not use a ball like it was meant to be used?
- Play beach ball volleyball and pass the ball back and forth.
- Try playing basketball with your beach ball and toss it into a laundry basket.
- Baseball can be fun using a cardboard tube as a bat for your beach ball.
No partner? No problem! Challenge your kids to see what they can complete on their own.
- Try to spin the ball on your finger – start by balancing then give it a twist!
- Set it on your stomach and watch the ball rise and fall while you do belly breathing.
- Practice your soccer skills and dribble the ball with your feet. See how far you can get!